Terms of Reference
Supervision received: The Driver will be directly supervised by the Administrative Assistant and under the general supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer
Main duties and responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide reliable driving services by using assigned transport means for the transport of authorised WFP staff members, officials and visitors as per authorized routing following UN safety and security rules and regulations; Deliver and collect goods, mail, documents and other items;
- Plan and schedule routing;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Optomize use of the vehicle; assist in the registration of new vehicles, renewal of insurance, disposal of vehciles and getting local driving licenses for the international staff;
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Maintain spare parts inventory and make appropriate arrangement to order parts;
- Negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate vehicle movements in designated areas
- Check means of transport for mechanical fitness and the security of the cargo, ensuring that cargo is protected against all weather conditions;
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- Identify any apparent problems during field deliveries and report them to the supervisor;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Maintain records of drivers’ travel and their overtime records;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Driving assignments are carried out safely, efficiently and on time; Good judgement is used in planning routes.
Critical Success Factors:
- Trustworthy, high sense of responsibility, alertness; physical fitness on duty, emotional stability, neat and courteous. Good knowledge of the area and the current conditions of roads and highways. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to read and understand specific vehicle operating manuals to ensure safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle.
Education: Primary school education; formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license (minimum B, C level) and clean driving record.
Experience: At least three years of work experience as a driver; safe driving record; experience in driving various makes of cars.
Knowledge: Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs. Knowledge of radio, email, telephone and other applications.
Language: Working knowledge of English, Russian and Kyrgyz languages.