|Expire date Friday, 30 November 2012|
|Agency||FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS|
|Terms of Reference||
Job Role, Duties and Responsibilities
The Secretary (G-5) provides secretarial and office support activities for the FAO Representation. He / she works under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative. The Secretary (G-5) works with some leeway for independent action and may handle confidential and sensitive matters and material. The incumbent performs the following duties:
· Receive, screen, file, distribute, draft, format, and monitor incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation; select and abstract pertinent material for supervisors’ review; identify complex or sensitive material for special treatment; review outgoing correspondence and documentation for correct format, grammar, spelling and conformance with FAO and country policies and procedures; attach necessary background information; maintain a follow-up system.
· Screen and place calls; respond to telephone, e-mail and personal enquiries; refer non-recurring matters and difficult issues to respective units within and outside FAO.
· Manage the calendars of the FAO Representative and Assistant FAO Representatives; schedule appointments; brief the FAOR and Assistant FAORs on matters before meetings and trips.
· Type and format reports, presentations, publications, and other documentation material for the FAOR and for the Assistant FAORs.
· Maintain control of records and files; follow-up on deadlines to supervisor and officers for their action.
· Select a variety of information from various sources (e. g. Intra-/ Internet, office files, FAO information and documentation); compile background information and reference material as appropriate.
· Perform protocol liaison activities with the Host Government.
· Receive and accompany visitors of the FAO Representative / country office.
· Make travel arrangements.
· Organize meetings and events held in the country, by arranging for meeting facilities, equipment, catering, travel, logistics, etc; prepare correspondence and assemble documents for participants; provide administrative and secretarial support during the meetings.
· Take minutes at the supervisors’ / office’s internal and/or official meetings.
· Coordinate the provision of central office support services, e.g. office supplies, translations, printing, building services, etc.Perform other related duties required.
Degree in relevant education. Secretarial training. Training in office management and/or general administration.
Four years of progressively responsible secretarial and/or clerical experience.
Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange) et al. Very good typing skills.
Office Management Skills:
Ability to organize work systematically, set priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to structure and convey information in an appropriate format, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
A cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment are needed. Utmost tact, discretion, courtesy and trustworthiness are essential personal attributes.
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter, filled in FAO PHF form in English and 3 recommendation letters to no later than 30 November 2012 17-00.
Applications without FAO PHF form will not be considered.
FAO PHF form is attached.
|Supporting Documents||FAO PHF form.doc (Size: 255 Kb)|
|Created Friday, 16 November 2012|