Expire date: Thursday, 25 December 2008
||Bishkek and Osh
|Terms of Reference
The United Nations World Food Programme invites applications from suitable qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Storekeeper on SSA-SC Contract in WFP Osh and Bishkek.
- Receive all the WFP food and non-food commodities;
- Report on the quality, quantity of the received commodities and ensure that quantities dispatched as per consignors documents match with quantities received and endorse documents;
- Maintain clean and pest-free storing conditions;
- Ensure good warehousing practices;
- Supervise the off loading and stacking of the commodities, follow up tracking of the commodities in pipeline and report the same to the appropriate personnel;
- Maintain records and, or ensure that assistants assigned to the various stores keep records of the food stuff offloaded, loaded at the warehouses, adhering to the WFP systems;
- Control incoming goods both food and non-food commodities by such methods as physical counts, random weight checks, rejection of any spoiled commodity, reconditioning of underweight bags, etc;
- Sign waybills of received and dispatched cargo;
- Deliver goods on request against official and approved documentation;
- Keep updated records on stack cards, and, or computer inventory lists;
- Make periodic physical inventory checks;
- Liaise with field monitors and others on matters pertaining to logistics;
- Report on and, in consultation with others, take appropriate action for the disposal of spoiled commodities;
- Provide overall supervision and training of other storekeepers and casual labor;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Secondary school education;
- Knowledge of MS Access and Excel;
- Proficiency, level C of UN official language of the duty station and in the duty stations language.
Ability to handle a large volume of food and non-food items in a well organized manner; ability to maintain accurate and precise records and stores; ability to draft correspondence and to write and spell correctly and to communicate matters clearly and concisely; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills, communicate moderately complex matters clearly and concisely; ability to plan and perform detailed work, work of a confidential nature and, or to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
Letters of application with curriculum vitae should be addressed to the e-mail: by 2.00 pm, 25 December 2008.
Acknowledgment will be sent to short-listed candidates only.
The selected candidate should be available immediately.
|Date added: Thursday, 18 December 2008