Expire date: Thursday, 25 December 2008
||Bishkek and Osh
|Terms of Reference
- Post daily despatches of WFP food and non-food commodities in the CTS (Commodity Trucking System) system (COMPAS); monitor the correct use and quantity as per loading orders;
- Respond to queries regarding commodities to staff in the unit and elsewhere in the Programme;
- Monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and other data;
- Provide day-to-day reports on the progress and movements of WFP shipments;
- Monitor and report on WFP food stocks in operations warehouses and prepare daily, weekly and monthly stock balance reports;
- To prepare consolidated delivery reports for the received food commodities;
- To prepare monthly transport ledger report for delivered food commodities;
- Update the distances between EDP to FDPs datas twice in a month;
- Classify and maintain the units filing system;
- Assist with Customs and Railways procedures for incoming food cargo shipments;
- Prepare and process Transport, Customs, Warehouse and other payments;
- Prepare Logistics activity reports as and when required;
- Assist in Commodity handling and Warehouse management;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- Secondary school education;
- At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations or another related field. At least one year at G3 level or equivalent;
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty stations language, if different.
Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies. Identify and resolve operational problems. Ability to communicate moderately complex matters clearly and concisely. Ability to perform detailed work, work of a confidential nature and, or to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Letters of application with curriculum vitae should be addressed to the e-mail: by 2.00 pm, 25 December 2008.
Acknowledgment will be sent to short-listed candidates only.
The selected candidate should be available immediately.
|Date added: Friday, 19 December 2008