|Displacement and Return in Kyrgyzstan Situation Report No.19, 09 July 2010
|Type of document
Source: United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) on Reliefweb.int
Date: 09 Jul 2010
This situation report was issued by ROMENACA Sub-regional Office for Central Asia. It covers the period between 6 and 9 July (afternoon) 2010 local time. The next report will be issued on or around 13 July 2010.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Meeting on reconciliation between Kyrgyz and Uzbek communities held in a Suzak village mosque in Jalal-Abad
- Local protection partners, particularly, human rights defenders and attorneys, continue to face pressure and difficulties
- Psychological trauma remains the most important health issue, children and adults require professional counseling and psycho-social support
II. Situation Overview
According to the Ministry of Health, as of 9 July in Osh and Jalal-Abad:
- 2,324 people have applied for and received medical assistance;
- 1,080 people were hospitalized. 88 patients remain hospitalized while the rest have been discharged;
- Outpatient services received 1,243 persons;
- The official death toll is now 311.
According to the media reports, the Government requires US$450-500 million for rehabilitation and reconstruction in Osh and Jalal-Abad. The Government reportedly estimates that 2,500 buildings, including 1,900 houses, were destroyed by the violence.
Download full report here.
Download (Size: 163 Kb | Hits: 345)