|Communication for Development Specialist, NOC|
|Expire date Friday, 07 December 2012|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Duration||1 years with the possibility of extension|
|Terms of Reference||
VACANCY NOTICE #VN-KIRA/2012/06
Under the general guidance and in close coordination with UNICEF Country Office Representative, the Communication for Development Specialist is responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
The duties and responsibilities of the post include:
1. Designs, manages, and facilitates the implementation of programme communication strategy, plan of action and activities for strategic communication and promotion for social and behavioral change in support of country programme delivery;
2. Organizes the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant communication materials;
3. Develops and enhances strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society for promotion of participation in social and behavioral changes supportive of programme goals;
4. Develops training materials and activities to build capacity for participatory and behavior change communication;
5. Provides effective coordination and technical support to government counterparts and other partners in the development and strategic use of communication for social development;
6. Monitors and evaluate programme activities and prepare monitoring and evaluation reports. Exchange findings, experiences, lessons learned and new methods with partners;
7. Participates in the budget planning and ensure the compliance and the optimal appropriation of allocated programme funds.
8. Performs other duties, as required.
The successful candidate shall have:
• Advanced university degree in the social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.;
• Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
• English and Russian proficiency, knowledge of Kyrgyz language is an asset;
• Knowledge of current developments in the fields of communication theory, motivational psychology, adult learning theory, indigenous media, community organization and participation, strategic communication planning, behavior analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions.
• Knowledge of inter-disciplinary approach in programme development and implementation in programme communication, social mobilization and behavioral change.
• Knowledge of and experience in emergency operations and management.
• Knowledge of and skills in programme communication networking, advocacy and negotiation.
• Knowledge of training/facilitation and impact evaluation of communication intervention.
• Knowledge and experience to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies. Knowledge of community capacity building.
• Knowledge and experience in the methods of communication to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form and to listen to and acknowledges others' perspectives and views.
• Computer knowledge, skills and practical experience, including internet navigation, network, telecommunications and various office applications.
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlined, send a detailed curriculum vitae in English, and a duly completed United Nations Personal History form, indicating vacancy notice (VN) reference number to the address below by 18:00, 07 December 2012:
UNICEF, 160 Chui Avenue, UN House, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
The documents should be submitted in a closed envelope marked: Application for the UNICEF post “Communication for Development Specialist”. Candidates applying to UNICEF previously should apply again. Applications by fax will NOT be accepted. Telephone inquiries will NOT be entertained. Only candidates meeting the essential requirements will be considered. Short-listed candidates meeting the essential requirements will be called for interview.
The selected candidate will be offered a fixed-term contract for 1 year as per UNICEF standard terms and conditions, with the possibility of extension.
UNICEF is equal opportunity employer for men and women.
|Download Form||p.11.eng.unicef.zip (Size: 17 Kb)|
|Supporting Documents||JP for C4D Specialist NOC.pdf (Size: 205 Kb)|
|Created Thursday, 22 November 2012|