|Programme Officer, NOB
|Expire date Пятница, 04 Ноября 2011
|1 year with the possibility of extension
|Terms of Reference
Under the general supervision of Programme Specialist, manage overall coordination/supervision of the total programme commitment in the area of Health &Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, including programme/project formulation, design, data analysis and progress reporting, planning and management with strategic focus on achievement of UNICEF’s Organizational priorities.
The duties and responsibilities of the posts include:
1. Assists the preparation and periodic update of the Situation Analysis by compiling Health & Nutrition and WASH data, analysing and evaluating relevant information and providing the technical input in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Provides technical assistance in the integration of the Health & Nutrition programme with other sectors in collaboration with other UNICEF sectors, particularly Health, Nutrition, CSD, HIV/AIDS. WASH, and programme communication.
3. Assists in the development of the sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for administration, implementation and monitoring of sectoral project activities.
4. Provides timely implementation follow-up, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance, and project status to build on project efficiency and effectiveness.
5. Participates in the field visits to UNICEF project sites for monitoring project activities and local conditions, and follows up with local government counterparts and other partners on project implementation. Assists in identifying necessary action for programme adjustments, acceleration, improvement and sustainability.
6. Coordinating with Operations and Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities, ensures UNICEF and Government partner accountability.
7. In consultation with monitoring and evaluation colleagues, conducts accurate and timely monitoring and data collection, and supports an integrated monitoring system.
8. Assists in the implementation of emergency preparedness plan relating to Health & Nutrition and WASH.
The successful candidate shall have:
• University degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines;
• 3-5 years of professional work experience in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health/WASH programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset. Background/familiarity with Emergency Preparedness and Response;
• English proficiency, knowledge of local languages of the duty station; • Methodology of programme/project management
• Knowledge of global health issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current trends, methods and approaches.
• Essential technical knowledge of theories, principles and methods in one or more of the following areas: Communication for behavior change, WASH in schools, rural water supply projects implementation, planning, evaluation, appropriate water supply and quality technology i.e.: community based water supply, controlling water borne related diseases.
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlined, send a detailed curriculum vitae in English, and a duly completed United Nations Personal History form, indicating vacancy notice reference number (VN-KIRA/2011/22)to the address below by 18:00, 04 November 2011:
UNICEF, 160 Chui Avenue, UN House, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
UNICEF Osh Zone Office, 74 Lenina street, Osh, Kyrgyz Republic
The documents should be submitted in a closed envelope marked: Application for the UNICEF post “Programme Officer (Health & Nutrition and WASH) to be based in Osh”. Candidates applying to UNICEF previously should apply again. Applications by fax will NOT be accepted. Telephone inquiries will NOT be entertained. Only candidates meeting the essential requirements will be considered. Short-listed candidates meeting the essential requirements will be called for interview. The selected candidate will be offered a fixed term contract for 1 year as per UNICEF standard terms and conditions, with the possibility of extension.
UNICEF is equal opportunity employer for men and women.
|p.11.eng.unicef.zip (Размер: 17 Kb)
|Дата Пятница, 21 Октября 2011