|Pasture Management Expert (national consultant)|
|Expire date Friday, 25 April 2014|
|Contract type||PSA (WAE)|
|Duration||210 days (10 months; 60days in 2 missions)|
|Place||Bishkek, with possible field visits as required|
|Terms of Reference||
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the technical supervision of the Environment, Climate Change and Bioenergy Division and the Lead Technical Officer and in close cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture and Melioration, national counterparts and the other consultants the Pasture Management Expert will undertake the following duties:
• A university degree in Agriculture, environmental science or related fields;
• At least 5 years of experience in rangeland management and projects on capacity building for the sustainable use of natural resources;
• Working experience with national institutions, NGOs and international donor organisations;
• Excellent knowledge of livestock sector in Kyrgyzstan, including pasture legislation and tenure governance arrangements, political, institutional and socio-economic contexts;
• Strong communication skills and understanding for rural livelihoods and environmental problems;
• Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills;
• Strong computer skills, especially of all applications of the MS Office package;
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English, Russian and Kyrgyz.
For this position, a duly completed Personal Profile Form (PPF) generated from FAO’s IRecruitment portal is to be submitted together with a cover letter and at least 3 recommendation letters not later than 25 April 2014, 17 pm should be sent to email: Candidates, meeting selection criteria, will be invited for interview.
Kindly note that attached resumes or CVs in place of the PPF will not be accepted.
In order to prepare a Personal Profile Form, you must first register on the FAO iRecruitment site (click on the following link to register): http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/).
***As you fill in your information online you should make sure to click Save after each section before logging out. Also be aware that the session times out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
|Created Wednesday, 16 April 2014|